Many businesses are dependent on QuickBooks for a lot of their daily operations. QuickBooks eases various complex tasks and proves a competent accounting tool. But if QuickBooks Won’t Open itself, there will be a loss of recourse, set aside the annoyance. But this article has made available the end of your problem at your disposal.
QuickBooks is an apt accounting software that is compatible with the needs of small and medium businesses worldwide. In a computerized world, the dependency of companies on accounting tools like QuickBooks is increasing day by day. All the accounting tasks are now performed electronically. So, imagine if your QuickBooks Won’t Open, it would be a situation creating a lot of annoyance. An apparent loss of time and resources will affect the business negatively. Want to open QuickBooks to carry on with your business as usual? Read this article until the end, which contains curated information regarding the causes and methods to rectify the issue of ‘QuickBooks Won’t Open.’
Your QuickBooks Won’t Open even after several tries? Tired of trying? You only need to be nudged in the right direction with the right advice. Dial 1.855.738.2784 to talk to our accounting experts, who are experienced in solving these issues and providing the best advice.
Let us start with the definition of the QuickBooks Won’t Open issue.
What is the QuickBooks Won’t Open Issue?
As the name suggests, this issue will render you unable to start QuickBooks to carry on your business-related tasks like accessing the company file, taxing, invoicing, and other vital tasks. This error erects a critical problem in front of the user. There could be many possible reasons for this issue which we will discuss further in the article.
What triggers the QuickBooks Won’t Open issue?
QuickBooks Won’t Open issue may arise from a variety of reasons ranging from fault in the company file to incorrect installation of the QuickBooks software. So let us look at the list of reasons to decide the approach to solve this problem.
- The system hard drive is damaged and thus unable to handle heavy-duty software like QuickBooks.
- The given name of the data file is more extended than recommended and may also contain special characters.
- The compatibility of QuickBooks and Windows is compromised due to one of them not being up to date.
- QuickBooks installation process with a faulty procedure.
- The product registration file, which usually has a format of QBWUSER.INI, may be corrupted.
- The commonly experienced case of Windows upgradation may trigger this issue.
- Some settings in Windows may obstruct the smooth functioning of QuickBooks.
- The internet settings and the QuickBooks software are in conflict with each other.
- If there is a usage of improper way to access the company file, you may face a ‘QuickBooks open but not showing’ error.
- A damaged or incorrect company file is a vastly popular reason for QuickBooks Won’t Open issue.
- Some permissions in Windows are pending, and QuickBooks needs those permissions to open.
- The program files which are essential for the working of QuickBooks may be damaged. This problem leads you to search “Why my QuickBooks Won’t Open.”
- Clicking on the QuickBooks icon several times without giving it time to open may freeze the screen.
These are the prominent reasons which cause the Can’t QuickBooks Open issue. It is time to look at how your system will behave when it is about to incur this issue.
Symptoms your system has or will incur the QuickBooks Won’t Open issue
You need to be observant and understand the way your computer behaves in this situation to take the necessary precautions.
- Periodic hanging or freezing of QuickBooks is an intimation of the coming error.
- Unable to Open QuickBooks Desktop issue might affect your Windows Operating system by slowing it down.
- Many programs and features within QuickBooks will stop working if you are about to incur QuickBooks doesn’t Start issue.
- The commands given by the mouse or the keyboard would be irresponsive.
- Not being able to access the company file is one of the intimations of the upcoming QB Will Not Open issue.
Now that we learned the causes and symptoms of the QuickBooks 2020 Won’t Open issue, it would be easy for us to choose a solution in the article.
Read also : QuickBooks Error 6144 82
Methods to eradicate QuickBooks Won’t Open issue
Below are the suggested solutions to vanish ‘trouble opening QuickBooks’ issue and the step-by-step guide to performing those solutions.
Run a scan of Quick Fix My Program
Quick Fix My Program is used to eradicate program-related issues in the software. The below steps elaborate on how to run a Quick Fix My Program scan.
- Close the QuickBooks application if it is running in the background.
- Now, open QuickBooks Tool Hub. And If QuickBooks Tool Hub not downloaded, download it from the Intuit website, as it would be helpful in the future.
- You’ll see several options in the left column, When you’ve already opened the QuickBooks Tool Hub. Choose Program Problems among those options.
- Among the several green buttons, choose the green button that represents Quick Fix My Program. This action shall begin the scanning process, which takes a few minutes.
- After the scan, most of the time, the issue gets resolved.
Make use of the Windows inbuilt repair feature
Ensure that you have a backup of the essential data in QuickBooks before moving forward with this step.
- Restart the computer first, and when it has started again, press the Windows key to open the Start menu.
- In the Start menu, you must choose the option of Control Panel to move to the next step.
- Select the option of Programs or Programs and Features, depending on your Windows version, and choose the option of Uninstall a Program
- You’ll have to search the QuickBooks program among the rush of programs and then click Uninstall/Change.
- Click on Continue to confirm the action and then choose Repair.
- After clicking on Repair, wait for the process to end and click on Finish. Restart the system to verify if QuickBooks opens this time.
Run QuickBooks by turning on Windows Safe Boot Mode.
This solution shall determine if another program is interfering with the Functioning of QuickBooks
- Hold the Windows and R keys together to open the Run window.
- Type MSConfig in the presented text box and press Enter
- Open the System Configuration option, and under its General menu, tick on the Selective Startup option and Apply the change.
- Once you have made the required settings changes, restart the computer and open QuickBooks to check if it starts.
- If it does start, this means that another program is interfering with the functioning of QuickBooks and we need to eliminate that problem.
In conclusion, this article has discussed the QuickBooks Won’t Open issue in its fullness and stated its causes and symptoms. The suggested solutions for this problem are using Quick Fix My Program, Using the Windows Repair Program, and running QuickBooks on Safe mode. Hopefully, you are now able to open QuickBooks as desired. However, if you still face problems related to QuickBooks, our accounting experts are proficient in solving them. So, you just need to dial 1.855.738.2784 , and every help will be at your disposal.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error H202