The QuickBooks accounting software is one of the software that terminates all the bottleneck situations of accounting professionals regarding their daily operations. Business people from all over the world are tremendously dependent on this outstanding software and getting their desired productive and successful results. However, the bottleneck situation arrives for QuickBooks users when they bump into software errors like QuickBooks error H202.
Well, it’s a common error issue that annoys users when they try to use or run the QuickBooks software in multi-user mode. Users may also encounter this error when they try to open their QB application, but it fails to open the QB company data file saved on another computer system. We suggest you keep reading this article as a complete guide about QuickBooks error code H202. In this article, you will learn how to troubleshoot this error, what the causes are, and how you can detect this multi-user error.
Fix your QuickBooks error code H202 today with expert help from our certified QuickBooks team. Get this glitch solved before it turns into a stubborn and irreversible error. Contact our team at 1.855.738.2784 now!
QuickBooks Error Message H202: A Quick Look
The QuickBooks error H202 is one of the most irritating errors of the H series that triggers users when they try to open the QB company data file in the multi-user QuickBooks application system. Whenever the users witness this error situation, they get an error message with text such as “This company file is on another computer, and QuickBooks needs some help connecting.” It’s a disturbing technical hiccup that limits the users from seamlessly working on their QB company data file.
Why Does QuickBooks Error Message H202 Arrive?
If we discuss the responsible possible root causes of the QuickBooks error message H202, then the following factors are some of them.
- The major root cause of this QuickBooks error message H202 maybe when the QuickBooks file setting option restricts the users from accessing their company data file. Eventually, the incoming and outgoing communication way gets blocked in the QuickBooks application.
- If your QuickBooks application hosting configuration is incorrect, then there are chances of the QuickBooks error message H202.
- The error code H202 in the QuickBooks application may arrive if there is any corruption or damage in the .ND files configuration. It’s because this problem doesn’t allow the users to access the company file database.
- When the QuickBooks users are using any other IP address or hosting their server system with a different IP address, then this situation may bring the technical glitch of the QuickBooks error message H202.
- The Firewall or other security software programs are also one of the contributors to the QuickBooks error message H202 as it blocks the communication of the QuickBooks company file.
How To Recognize The QuickBooks Error Message H202?
The following signs and symptoms can help QuickBooks users recognize the error code H202 in the QuickBooks application.
- The freezing of your computer system and the QuickBooks application, again and again, is one of the signs of the QuickBooks error code H202.
- When the user fails to run the QuickBooks application smoothly in the multi-user mode, it’s also a sign to detect the QB error code H202.
- One of the signs to notice the QB error code message H202 is when the user fails to open and access the company data file stored on another server system.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Error H505
QuickBooks Error Message H202: 3 Troubleshooting Solutions
Solution 1 – Check And Modify The QuickBooks Application Services
- Head straight toward your Desktop’s Start button and then press the Windows + R keys of your keyboard to launch the Run Window.
- Once you get the Run Window prompt, type MSC there in the Run box, and then press the Enter key from your keyboard. Now continue to scroll down, and you will see the QuickBooks DBXX service.
- After this, with the help of the Database Server Manager, check and confirm its installation on your computer server system. Now, start running your entire server program by first opening the QuickBooks application.
- In this step, select and then confirm that the hosting is disabled or enabled. Continue to this and then give double-click on the QuickBooksDBXX service. Once you do this, now confirm the status of your Startup type.
- Continue to the step and then choose the recovery option by first opening your computer menu and then restarting the same to restart the QuickBooksDBXX service automatically.
- Save all the changes that you have made and then click on the Apply tab and restart your computer system and the QuickBooks application for a fresh beginning in the multi-user mode.
You must read this : QuickBooks Error 6123
Solution 2 – Settle The Network Problems With QB Database Server Manager
- Settling the network problems with QB Database Server Manager can help you out in with this technical hiccup. For this, you have first to download and install the latest QuickBooks Tool Hub version from the official site of Intuit.
- Once you download the QuickBooks Tool Hub file of the latest version, double-click on the same, and then open the Tool Hub on your screen and click on the Network Issues tab to begin.
- Now, you have to choose and install the QuickBooks Database Server Manager and then start scanning the issues by searching for your QB company data file with the Browse button.
- In this step, click on the Start Scan option again and make sure not to exit from the Window till the scanning process finishes.
- Finally, you have to click on the Finish option and then open the QuickBooks application by switching to the multi-user mode and accessing the QB company data file.
Solution 3 – Fix The Issues By Pinging Your Host Device Via the Workstation
- For this, move towards the host device and then open your desktop’s Windows Start menu. Here, you have to open the Run Window by pressing the keys Windows + R on your keyboard.
- In the Run Window prompt, write CMD in the Run Window’s search bar. After typing this, click on the OK tab. Here, you will be displayed with a black window and a blinking cursor.
- In this black window, write ipconfig/all on your screen and then press the Enter key on your keyboard. Now, you will get some details and information on your Window screen from where you have to go to the Windows IP Configuration section.
- Continue to this step, locate your Host Name, and then you have to copy the server’s name and save it to the Notepad. Followed by this, open one of your workstations and then open the Run Window.
- Finally, go to the CMD screen and write “ping [your server name]”; input the name that you have copied by excluding the brackets. Press the Enter key, and the procedure is done.
Hopefully, this article will help you with the troubleshooting solutions mentioned above. Try these solutions to avoid more bottleneck cases with the QuickBooks error H202. Let the error get solved effortlessly, and if you fail to do so, connect with our certified and experienced QuickBooks team by calling us at 1.855.738.2784.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 1603